I am the bridge between the Middle East and the West, the Mediterranean and the Atlantic. Through my writing and my music, I link Canada to the Middle East.
Short Stories and Journalistic Writing
Whether I am writing about Canada or the Eastern Mediterranean, I focus on web-related technology, music, and the relationship between various ethnic communities and the society they live in. My thoughts are reflected in short stories and journalistic articles with a bit of absurd humour. More specifically, my writing aims to show:
- That Canadian Multiculturalism is flawed;
- There are more to various ethnic and religious communities than the common archetypes;
- The paradoxes of the internet and social media;
- The other side of Canada and the Middle-East;
- Both region’s artistic scene.
My music follows an emerging trend in the Middle East: fusing jazz with traditional Middle Eastern music. My project is a little different though. I aim to mix the heaviness of metal, the depth of blues, the soul of Egyptian music and the intricacies of jazz.